HR ADMINISTRATOR APPRENTICESHIP
£17,363 (£9 per hour with increase upon completion of apprenticeship)
37 per week
HR Business Partner
National Museums Liverpool is currently recruiting for an HR Administrator apprentice.
Purpose of the Role
Provide an effective, efficient and comprehensive HR administration service, ensuring the highest customer care as the first point of contact for internal and external enquiries.
Provide administrative support across all aspects of HR, in particular supporting recruitment, absence management, leaver processes, learning and development (L&D), recognition and pensions. Although not exhaustive this will include the following:
· Manage three inboxes daily to respond to enquiries – HR, Training and Volunteers
· Answer the HR telephone line
· Prepare and publish recruitment adverts
· Carry out eligibility checks on successful applicants
· Issue contracts of employment
· Process new starter paperwork
· Support volunteer and apprenticeship processes
· Record and scan medical notes
· Process leaver information
· Liaise with payroll to support processes
· Prepare letters and paperwork as required
· Book and administer L&D activities, answering relevant queries, promoting attendance and update records/issue certificates where relevant
· Book and oversee the arrangements for the annual long service celbration
· Provide practical and logistical support across all aspects of HR
· Submit information to MyCSP and reply to pension related queries
· Maintain up to date records on the HR database.
· Maintain accurate electronic and paper-based filing systems and carry out archiving and disposal of confidential waste in line with data protection requirements.
· Run standard reports and provide data as required.
· Raise and process purchase orders on behalf of the HR team, and provide admin support for procurement processes.
· Act as minute taker on behalf of the team, producing a formal record and associated actions, to include formal hearings and JCC.
· Support the co-ordination of activities within and on behalf of the team – arranging meetings and liaising with other departments as required.
· A commitment to adhere to the standards expected of all public services as defined by the HM Treasury publication “Managing Public Money”. Those standards are honesty, impartiality, accountability, openness, accuracy, reliability, transparency, objectivity, integrity and fairness. These standards should be carried out in the spirit of, as well as the letter of, the law; in the public interest; to high ethical standards and achieving value for money.
· Develop NML’s commitment to Equality and Diversity and promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
· Adhere to National Museums Liverpool’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures, National Museums Liverpool’s access and Safeguarding policy as well as other appropriate practices and guidelines.
· Contribute to the management, discussion and communication of risk as appropriate to your role. Ensure you follow, adhere to and implement (where appropriate) effective controls for policies, processes and systems within your department, directorate and for the organisation.
· Assist with the supervision of volunteers and work placement students, undertaking periodic appraisal and facilitating their training in association with IS staff and NML’s Volunteer Coordinator.
· Undertake additional duties, as required, from time to time.
· Take responsibility for personally participating in the Performance Development & Review process.
· Undertake training and development courses and programmes, as required.
· Show the highest integrity and confidentiality in the pursuance of these duties.
The details contained in this job description reflect the content of this job at the date of being prepared. It is however possible that over time the nature of the job will change. Consequently NML may revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time.
Employee Specification: HR Administrator
Successfully working as part of a team - ESSENTIAL
Clear and effective communication, over multiple channels with a range of people - ESSENTIAL
Providing excellent customer care - DESIREABLE
Working in an office environment/ administration role - DESIREABLE
Entering information onto a database - DESIREABLE
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong communications skills - level of verbal and written English applicable to the role - ESSENTIAL
Accuracy and good attention to detail - ESSENTIAL
IT skills - basic packages (word/ email) and keyboard skills - ESSENTIAL
Role model NML values and behaviours. - ESSENTIAL
Tact and diplomacy – sensitivity dealing with confidential information - ESSENTIAL
Ability to problem solve - DESIREABLE
Knowledge of the role and function of HR - DESIREABLE
Knowledge of museum and galleries environment/ sector - DESIREABLE